At the risk of missing someone else’s favorite quote, let me say that I did not write down everything. In fact, I was in such awe at Dr. Robert Smith (for instance) that I don’t remember one single note I wrote down.
Still, these quotes resonated with me…in no particular order of importance:
- “Don’t try to run someone else’s race.” Rocky Purvis
- When things are tough for a prolonged time…”Sometimes you want to quit or coast…but it’s not how you begin the race or even where you are at the halfway point. It’s how you finish.” Rocky Purvis
- “Prayer moves the hand of God.” Dr. Steve Gaines
- The heavens aren’t opened until someone prays.” Dr. Steve Gaines
- “Faithfulness will always lead to fruitfulness.” Dr. Stephen Rummage
- “A servant who never serves is by definition, not a servant.” Dr. Stephen Rummage
- The gospel must first change us before it can change the world- H.B. Charles Jr.
- “The gospel is for those who believe, not those who behave.” -H.B. Charles Jr.
- “If your hope is tied to things you can lose, you will eventually lose hope.” Dr. Rick Blackwood
- Georgia will probably still be #1, since they beat Notre Dame.” (What time does Georgia play?) Tim Coleman.